Get resume in .PDF format
Ethos Factory (Branding and Communications Consultants)
Locations: Los Angeles, California /Rome, Italy
Years: October 2004 – Present (15 years 5 months)
Position: Owner/Creative Director
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and development of the Ethos Factory brand concept and positioning.
- Develop and implement a business model and functional approach to create a Web-based network for creative services.
- Establish alliances with Europe-based consulting companies to collaborate on international marketing and branding programs.
- In charge of branding and communications projects for clients in several market segments.
- Directed and produced several brand concept video sizzle pieces for company and product launches.
- Designed and produced award winning publication for DMJM Harris house organ magazine Legacy: 20,000 copies distributed bi-annually.
DMJM+HARRIS (Architecture and Engineering Firm)
Location: Los Angeles, California
Years: July 1997 – April 2005 (7 years 10 months)
Position: Art Director/Project Manager
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of corporate communications standards for presentation, proposal, and display materials.
- Designed advertising pages, brochures, presentations and reports employed in both national and international marketing efforts.
- Produced several video presentations for inter-company use.
- Developed new presentation materials and introduced a new large-format polyester display system derived from outdoor graphics applications.
- Developed logos and corporate identity systems for several joint venture projects.
- Designed and directed the production of the AECOMTechnology Corporation’s Annual Reports for FY 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003.
- Collaborated in the creation of both AECOM’s Internet/Intranet sites to develop a flexible and cost-efficient global communication tool.
- Streamlined and managed the production process for print materials and developed an online ordering system for stationery serving all of DMJM’s100+ worldwide offices.
FLASH Studio (Commercial digital photography and digital photo retouching)
Years: October 1994 – November 1996 (2 years 2 months)
Location: Rome, Italy
Position: Partner, Creative Director/Marketing Manager
- Owned and operated one of the first 3 digital photography studios in Italy, introducing this new cost effective and time saving technology to the marketplace and industry.
- Responsible for the restructuring of a traditional photography studio into a cutting edge digital photography studio.
- Drafted and implemented a marketing/business plan for the commercialization of digital photography applied to still-life commercial photography. - Interviewed key clients to fine-tune this new technology and to further understand which related services could represent a growth opportunity.
- Identified and implemented marketing strategy and guidelines to promote this new technology to current clients and to solicit new accounts.
GB Enigma (High-end jewelry and watches created by Gianni Bulgari)
Locations:Rome, Italy / Geneva, Switzerland
Years: October 1992 – October 1994 (2 years 1 month)
Position: Advertising and Marketing Manager
- Conducted a comprehensive brand review to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of all product lines.
- Identified key opportunities and potential growth factors to meet targeted objectives.
- Drafted the brand identity guidelines to be implemented internationally.
- Collaborated with both domestic and international sales managers to create and implement tailored promotional programs for key retailers.
- Established an in-house advertising department to generate advertising campaigns, catalogues, packaging, and p.o.s. material.
- Developed and executed media strategies for the European markets and coordinated traffic of print-ready materials for all other markets.
- Created and implemented a co-op advertising manual and plan for both domestic and international markets.
Fila Sport (Athletic Apparel and Footwear)
Locations: Biella, Italy / New York, NY / Hunt Valley, Maryland
Years: 1992 – 1993 (1 year)
Position: International Advertising Director
- Acted as U.S. liaison between the Italian parent company and its American subsidiary during the corporate restructuring of Fila USA Inc.
- Key role in the repositioning the FILA brand and execution of new Advertising.
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative market research on the current brand perception in the top ten U.S. markets.
- Researched and selected an international advertising agency (Foote Cone and Belding) to serve U.S. and Italian markets.
- Responsible for a $12.5 million consumer and trade advertising budget.
- Directed the development of advertising strategy “Fila: Change the Game” to reposition the brand worldwide.
- Executive produced a 15 minute corporate documentary of Fila’s activities and brand positioning worldwide to be presented to investors during the IPO’s road show.
- Coordinated retail promotions and co-op advertising campaigns with key clients such as Footlocker, Lady Footlocker, and Footaction.
Client List – partial
AECOM – Engineering and Architecture Conglomerate
ANEW – Furniture repurposing non-profit
Back To Balance – Chiropractic Studios Network
BUILD-LACCD – Bond Initiative Building Program
Com.It.Es. – Government-Sponsored Resource Center for Italians Abroad
DMJM/Harris – Engineering, Architecture, and Construction Management
GB Enigma by Gianni Bulgari – Hig-end Jewelry and Watches
Harman/Kardon – Consumer Electronics
iProspect – Digital Marketing Services
Maserati USA – Automotive
Pragmatic – Healthcare Fund
Rebus – Health Systems
RWall – Paint Lounge and Art Gallery
Terravino Partners – Wine importers
THALASSA Capital Group – Boutique investment
US Renewables Group – Private Equity Investments