Get resume in .PDF format
Ethos Factory – Los Angeles, California / Rome, Italy
Branding and Marketing Consultants
04/05 — Present | Owner/Principal
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and development of the Ethos Factory brand concept and positioning.
- Develop and implement a business model and functional approach to create a Web-based network for creative services.
- Establish alliances with Europe-based consulting companies to collaborate on international marketing and branding programs.
- In charge of branding and communications projects for clients in several market segments.
- Directed and produced several brand concept video sizzle pieces for company and product launches.
- Designed and produced award winning publication for DMJM+HARRIS house-organ magazine “Legacy”:
+ 20,000 copies distributed semesterly
AECOM – Los Angeles, California
Engineering and Infrastructure Firm
07/97 — 04/05 | Art Director/Project Manager
- Created and implemented new corporate communications standards for presentation, proposal, and display materials.
- Designed advertising pages, brochures, presentations and reports employed in both national and international marketing efforts.
- Produced several video presentations for inter-company use.
- Created new presentation standards and introduced a large-format polyester display system derived from outdoor graphics applications.
- Developed several corporate identity systems for joint venture projects.
- Designed and directed the production of the AECOM Annual Reports for FY 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003:
+ 21,000 copies distributed annually
+ 2001 and 2002 annuals have won industry awards for design and execution
- Collaborated in the creation of both AECOM’s Internet/Intranet sites to develop a flexible and cost-efficient global communication tool.
- Streamlined the production process for print materials, developed an online stationery ordering system serving all of AECOM’s 100+ worldwide offices.
FLASH Studio – Rome, Italy
Commercial digital photography and photo post-production
10/94 — 11/96 | Partner, Creative Director/Marketing Manager
- Owned and operated one of the first 3 digital photography studios in Italy, introducing this new cost effective and time saving technology to the marketplace and industry.
- Responsible for the restructuring of a traditional photography studio into a cutting edge digital photography studio.
- Drafted and implemented a marketing/business plan for the commercialization of digital photography applied to still-life commercial photography. - Interviewed key clients to fine-tune this new technology and to further understand which related services could represent a growth opportunity.
- Identified and implemented marketing strategy and guidelines to promote this new technology to current clients and to solicit new accounts.
GB Enigma Gianni Bulgari SA – Neuchàtel, Switzerland
High-end watch and jewelry brand
3/93 — 9/94 | Marketing/Advertising Director
- Conducted a comprehensive brand review to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of all product lines.
+ Identified key opportunities and potential growth factors to meet targeted objectives.
+ Drafted the brand identity guidelines to be implemented internationally.
- Collaborated with both domestic and international sales managers to create and implement tailored promotional programs for key retailers.
- Established an in-house advertising department to generate advertising campaigns, catalogues, packaging, and p.o.s. material.
- Developed and executed media strategies for the European markets and coordinated traffic of print-ready materials for all other markets.
- Created and implemented a co-op advertising manual and plan for both domestic and international markets.
FILA Sport Spa – Biella Italy / New York City, USA
3/92 — 3/93 | International Advertising Consultant
- Acted as U.S. liaison between the Italian parent company and its American subsidiary during the corporate restructuring of Fila USA Inc.
- Responsible for the repositioning of the FILA brand and execution of new Advertising campaigns both in the US and in Italy.
+ Conducted qualitative and quantitative market research on the current brand perception in the top ten U.S. markets.
+ Researched and selected an international advertising agency (Foote Cone and Belding) to serve U.S. and Italian markets.
+ Responsible for a $12.5 million consumer and trade advertising budget.
+ Directed the development of advertising strategy “Fila: Change the Game” to reposition the brand worldwide.
+ Executive produced a 15-minute sizzle reel of Fila’s activities and brand positioning worldwide to be presented to investors during the IPO road show.
+ Directed promotions and co-op advertising campaigns with athletic footwear national retail chains such as Footlocker, Lady Footlocker, and Footaction.
Woodbury University – Los Angeles, California
9/83 — 7/87 | B.S. Graphic Design with Business Administration Minor
Summa Cum Laude, Departmental Award of Excellence, National Dean’s List
IFOA University of Bari – Bari, Italy
7/94 — 11/96 | Assistant Professor, lecturer and project coordinator for the Communications and Marketing departments
RealComm – 2000 Digital Media Award “Digies”
Award for the best use of Internet in Architecture and Design
Printing Industries of America – 2001 Premier Print AwardsCertificate of Merit for the 2000 AECOM Annual Report
CWA – 2003 Marketing Communications Awards
Honorable mention for the 2002 AECOM Annual Report
CWA – 2005, 2006, 2007 Marketing Communications Awards Awards magazine category, for DMJM Harris Legacy magazine
Client List – partial
ANEW – Asset Network for Education Worldwide | Brand identity, events graphics and presentations
Back to Balance – Chiropractic Services | Brand identity and Website
Bioimmunizer – Dietary Supplements | Brand identity study, stationery and presentation materials
Bright Dental – Orthodontic practice | Marketing strategy, branding and advertising
Canvas Café San Francisco – Coffee Shop/Art Gallery Concept | Brand identity, in-store graphics
Com.It.Es – Governmental Outreach Organization for Italians Abroad | Brand identity and Website
Harman Kardon – Consumer Electronics | Advertising pages for Asian market, trade show materials
Hilton Group – Hospitality | Display advertising campaigns
Isolite Systems – Orthodontics | Trade advertising campaign, trade show booth and promotional material
iProspect – Digital Marketing Agency | Brand identity, presentations, marketing materials
Livzey Photography – Commercial Photography | Brand identity, promotional materials, Website
Los Angeles City College District – Community Colleges | Brand identity, showroom graphics, special events materials, recycling initiative creative
Los Angeles Business Travel Association – Trade Association | Monthly newsletter, special events materials
M3 Office – Office Furniture Retailer | Advertising campaign, promotional material, in-store graphics
Maserati USA– Automotive | Print advertising campaign production and placement, special events material
MEET ITALY Network – Professional Development and Networking Group | Brand identity, events graphics and presentations
Metro Goldwyn Mayer Consumer Products – Entertainment | Merchandising concepts and designs, photo retouching and post-production services
Pilgrim School – Education | Brand identity, corporate communications, annual reports
Pragmatic Fund Management – Healthcare Innovation Investment Fund | Brand identity and presentations
Rebus Health Systems – Healthcare Technology Systems | Brand identity and presentations
Terravino Partners – Wine Importers | Brand identity and Website
Thalassa Capital – Investment Advisors | Brand identity and Website
US Renewables Group – Renewable Energy Investment Group | Brand identity, stationery, presentations